Harry Potter Role Playing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Harry Potter Role Playing

This is a RP'ing forum which takes palce during the third school year of Harry James Potter

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eagles and Badgers go flying

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

Eagles and Badgers go flying Empty
PostSubject: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyThu Jul 17, 2008 9:29 am

<<I told you he'd get back to you on that broom ride Wink >>

The sun was setting, and little stars were already lighting on the skies. There were almost no clouds, and the few that did drift lazily across the horizon were shining bright pink. The light magical, to the point of romantic. Cedric was leaning against the entrance of the Quidditch pitch – an hour earlier the Hufflepuffs had practice. It was all going well, really. His team gradually getting better. He had a long shower, and was waiting for someone to show. For some reason, and he didn’t know why, he was feeling nervous. It was odd, seeing as he usually never felt nervous around this person.

Earlier that same day, he had written a note and sent Emmett to that person.

“Dear Isabella,

I know I’ve been busy lately,
practicing with my team, O.W.Ls – or trying to hang out with Oliver.
I want to make it all up to you,
could you meet me by the Quidditch pitch at sunset?

Yours, Cedric.”

He was having a hard time ending the letter, he wanted to write love – but couldn’t and every other thing he could think of was too sappy.
Anyway, there he was, hoping that Isabella would show – because she didn’t send Emmett back with a reply. Actually he didn’t think she would either. Cedric had a back up plan, if she didn’t want to see him – then he’d fly up and see if Oliver was available. Or just simply go flying on his own.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 3:08 am

Sitting in her dorm, reading the Muggle love story she found in her mothers books, Isabella heard a knock on her window. She looked up from her bed and saw Cedric‘s owl with a note tied to him. “Emmett?” thinking it was odd for Cedric’s owl to come here.
Isabella grabbed the book mark and placed it between the pages and set it down on her bed side table. She hurried to the window as Emmett knocked impatiently on her window again “I‘m coming, see?” she said as she unlached to open her window, where Emmett hoped in, sitting on the inner window shelf.
“I suppose this is for me?” she said taking the note from him, where he hooted as if he were agreeing to her question.
Isabella tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and read the note in silence. Make it up to me? she smiled thinking about the other day where he would take her flying. It must be that if he wants to meet me at the Quidditch pitch. She shruged, it could be anything.
She turned to look back at Emmett and thanked him, saying she wouldn’t reply. She thought he would know she would see him there. If not it would be like a little surprise - standing there waiting to she if she would arrive, wondering if she got his later. Emmett hopped up on the outside window shelf and flue away, out into the open probably back to the Owlery.

Later on in the day, the sun began to set, Isabella got herself ready after the shower she had taken, and made sure her hair was looking alright. It would usually go fluffy after a shower, but she managed to sort it out quite right.
She made her way out of her dorm, and to the castle grounds. She felt somewhat nervous which was odd. She wasn’t sure why she felt this way, It’s Cedric, you see him a lot. There’s nothing to worry about… saying to herself and she held her hands together, looking at the floor ahead of her. But I haven't seen him in a couple of days... So what, its still Cedric.
Isabella got closer and she could see a figure standing near the Quidditch pitch entrance. Her heart gave a jolt of nerves mixed happiness. She smiled to herself quickly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
Isabella looked up, “Hey, didn’t you think I‘d come?” asking as she saw him pacing. She smiled again, just seeing him made the day so much brighter.
Back to top Go down
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 8:38 pm

It seemed like he had been waiting forever, he started pacing back and forth, thinking she wouldn’t show – but he had to give it another 5 minutes. At least.
But then, a voice cut through his thoughts.
”Hey, didn’t you think I’d come?” Isabella asked – he looked up to see her smiling. He smiled too, that dazzling smile.
“I must admit I was worried.” Cedric said, closed the gap between them in two steps – and hugged her.
”How have you been?” He asked, as he pushed her away to look at her again.
”Remember that broom ride I told you I’ll take you on?”
He looked up to the skies, there was a little more stars now – a perfect night for flying.
”Tonight’s that night.” Cedric smirked, and grabbed his broom. “If you’re still up for it, that is.”
Cedric felt somewhat guilty, he hadn’t told Oliver he would take Isabella flying, afraid of his reaction – and hoped that he wouldn’t find out.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 1:36 am

That dazzling smile he showed would either make her blush or smile happily back at him. She smiled this time, returning his hug and looked back at him as he pulled away. Isabella hadn’t seen him much this week - it felt nice.
“I‘m fine. Catching up on my studies, and been in the Library a lot this week” she nodded, biting her lip. Her eyes quickly look down “What about you?” she asked as her eyes returned back to his, a smile spread nicely across her lips.
Isabella thought back, thinking of the day he asked her on a broom ride, staring in his eyes - they were lying on the grass together, looking up at the clouds... She liked that day.
“I do yes,” her eyes followed his a couple of seconds later, her heart gave a sudden jolt of nerves again - she didn‘t know why.
The stars where showing, twinkling pinks, purples and blues, the blue night clouds fading away into the distance and over the hills.
She looked back at him once he spoke again, seeing his broom she looked timidly up at him from her eyelashes.
“I don‘t have my broom” she pressed her lips, her hands held together at waist level, pressing, making her elbows push out slightly.
Standing there without a broom, Isabella felt awkward and silly - How could she be so stupid? Ah, but Cedric didn’t say anything about bring a broom she had butterflies in her stomach, Is he taking me? Sharing his broom?
Back to top Go down
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 3:16 am

”I’ve been with my Qudditch team, preparing for O.W.Ls and spending a couple of nights with Oliver.” Cedric said and smiled, before he continued. “I know you’ve been in the library, I’ve checked up on you when passing by… It seems like you’ve been wrapped up in schoolwork.”
Wow, that makes me seem like a stalker He thought, but it was right though. When walking past the Library, he had would look in, almost always finding Isabella behind a pile of books. Not wanting to disturb her, or being busy with his own stuff – he’d leave her be.
Cedric reached out to stroke the hair behind her eyes – so he could see her face better.
“Oh, don’t worry. We’ll take my broom.” He smirked trying to read her expression. She seemed somewhat worried.
”I’m a fair flyer, I promise you’ll be fine. You can bring your own broom next time… If you want to go flying again after tonight, that is.” Cedric made his broom hover – and sat down on it, motioning for Isabella to sit behind him.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyFri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 am

"You've seen me in the Library? Oh..." she blushed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as her eyes looked away, thinking of how much she had been in there. "Yes," the corners of her mouth raised slightly now looking at him "I have indeed. Also light reading and my own research I like to do"
Isabella looked at him with a serious face and crossed her arms "And you didn't even come in to say hi?" she tried to keep her face straight, trying to look hurt as a joke, but she couldn't and smiled. "I'm only joking" she bit her lips and looked at his broom.
Cedric's broom hoovered int he air, where he then sat on it "Well, if your promise that, then I trust you. Yet," she moved and got on, sitting behind him, where at first felt a little scared. She never done this before, let alone being flying on her own broom in a while.
Isabella paused, thinking hard about the ground and how far it would be as a long fall. "Um..." she lost her track of thought, staring at his back for it to return.
"Oh! And you're a Quidditch player. I think I can trust you and your broom" she chuckled and nervously put her arms around his waist as the broom got a little higher.
Back to top Go down
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 1:24 am

Isabella trying to fool Cedric, pretending she was hurt that Cedric didn’t drop in to say hi while he checked up on her in the library, actually got to him at first. He felt relieved when she said she was joking. But, a part of him was screaming that she was right. He should’ve dropped in…
However, he shook the feeling when Isabella sat behind him.
“You better hold on tight, spider monkey.” He smirked. Isabella wrapped her arms around him, but not to tight. For some reason he knew that she would tighten her grip later. Cedric kicked off the ground, and they slowly started floating towards the skies. He’d have to take it slow at first, ease her into the flying.
”Well, you have seen me play Quidditch,” Cedric looked around, wondering were to take her first. A tour around the castle could be fun, and he could show off a little too. “I’m sure you know that I can handle this thing?” He chuckled, and started flying for the castle. He felt free while flying, like all worries was left behind on the ground. Yet, having Isabella there to share the feeling was new to him. The last person he was flying with was his father, and that was many years ago.
Hogwarts was so pretty at dawn. Lights in the windows, the bricks dark – making it look warm and welcome, but scary at the same time. He picked up the speed, heading for the North Tower – he’d fly around it, and between all towers, before heading down to the court yard – then he had other things planned, if Isabella wasn’t freaked that is.
Her body felt warm against his. It felt good, safe – in some way. He wondered if Oliver and himself ever would be doing something similar.
As he thought about it, he came to realise he was taking Isabella out to do just about everything he wanted to do with Oliver. Would that make things wrong?
Not really… Cedric thought. [i]If I should feel bad about taking my best friend flying, I just as well might feel bad about breathing.[i]
”How are you holding up?” Cedric asked – a little worried, seeing as Isabella hadn’t said much. He was planning on doing a loop, but he needed to know that she was alright first.

<<Going all Edwardy on you Wink >>
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 1:02 am

Isabella laughed “Spider monkey? Is that some -” her heart gave a sudden jolt as Cedric kicked off the ground - she hadn’t been on a broom in a long time. Her arms tightened lightly but eased when they rose further up into the sky. She continued where she left off “Spider monkey,” saying it just made her smile in amusement of the words “is that a Muggle saying?” she asked as she had never heard anyone say that before.
The wind blew through her hair, wishing she had tied in back, but it felt nice and cooling. “Of course I‘ve seen you play Quidditch,” she answered “zooming around the pitch …” it then dawned on her “You‘re not going to zoom, are you?” her eyes looking down at the castle, she kept herself close to Cedric feeling as if he would loose balance and they’d fall.
“I‘m sure you know I can handle this thing” he words repeated in her head, reassuring she was safe. Therefore, Isabella’s hands relaxed, her fingers locked together around his front, taking in the views around them at a different angle. She didn’t even notice that he had pitched up the pace.
Hogwarts castle looked even bigger and more beautifully built - she was surprised more at the size and the grounds around it, being in the castle and the grounds, she wouldn’t have guessed it‘s size as big as she was seeing it now.
It was only when Cedric spoke she snapped back, “I‘m good,” she smiled “everything looks so much better at this view. I can‘t believe I haven‘t thought of this before.” The reason she hadn’t been out on her broom was she couldn’t imagine herself on a broom. Not only that, but she hasn’t properly flown in quite some time.
Isabella felt free as a bird up in the sky; relaxed. The feeling of no worries, able to escape everything and leaving it all down on the ground. No-one to tell her what to do, no feeling of ridicule or regret. Nothing. Everything was so much better up here, she could see why Cedric enjoyed it.
She could see they were close to a tower, North tower maybe? Her head looked around, she was pretty sure it was the North tower. Her stomach suddenly flipped as she saw they were soaring around the tower, twisting down, the bricks inches from them.

<<The last bit mainly ... sucked LMAO>>
Back to top Go down
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyThu Jul 31, 2008 12:08 am

Cedric rode around the North Tower, through the gates in the courtyard – heading around the castle again, showing Isabella everything there was to see. Then he headed for the stars, flying high.
“You might want to hold on now.” He petted Isabella’s hand before turning the broom, and flying straight down – picking up speed. They got so close to the north tower, that he could stretch out his hand to the side, and run it along the wall. The rough stones scratching his skin – so he pulled his hand back.
They were zooming for the ground, getting closer and closer. Cedric pulled his broom up in the last second, their feet brushing against the grass, before he headed back up again – flying slower this time.
“How are you holding up?” He asked, and chuckled.

<<This one was hard to write. Got any places you want to go? I’m thinking about flying over the lake, and then taking her to the Quidditch Pitch. Can you think of any other places?>>
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyFri Aug 01, 2008 7:13 pm

<<The lake and Quidditch pitch sounds good to me. Do you think stars will be out? Lol ^^,>>

They flew everywhere around the castle, even seeing a couple of things Isabella had never really seen before. She was smiling the whole time, looking around, watching a bird fly besides them - she was loving it, the feel of the wind, just the whole thing about it all.
“You might want to hold on now.” She heard him say and looked around - she didn’t notice how high they were. Isabella looked down and quickly tightened her grip around Cedric, “Oh …” she swallowed, her stomach felt nauseous seeing how far down the ground was. And then after the touch of Cedric’s hand patting hers, they were heading straight down, the speed increasing each second.
Isabella closed her eyes, her cheek against Cedric’s back, holding on tight to around him as if she was holding on for her life, letting out a muffle scream through her pursed lips. She only hoped she wasn’t squeezing the air out of him as she did so.
The wind blowing onto her face as they carried on down, she peered through the slits of her eyes, not wanting to open them fully as they would water from the wind, seeing everything as a blur - colours mixing into one like an artist pallet.
Isabella was smiling, biting her lip in the process - she was smiling out of thrill, wanting to laugh it out. Not able to hold it in, she began to giggle, still biting her lower lip, her body against his feeling safer and keeping in mind that he was a Quidditch play and he knew what he was doing.
She felt that the broom was being pulled upwards - were they near the ground? She wondered and opened her eyes seeing the ground closer than she thought and the tops of her shoes just scraping along the green grass. “Merlin!” she cried, moving her head so her forehead was leaning on Cedric’s back “I didn‘t quite expect that” she confessed, her eyes closed.
Back to top Go down
Cedric Diggory

Cedric Diggory

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 12:35 am

Cedric smiled, Isabella was clinging on to him – and it felt good. For some reason he felt like he was protecting her; but the truth were that he was the one who put her in danger.
”Merlin!” Isabella cried, as they flew along the ground. “I didn’t quite expect that.”
Cedric chuckled.
“That bad, huh?” He continued flying low – heading for the lake. Seeing their reflection in their water.
“I must admit it was rather reckless… I love doing that though. In Quidditch it’s a move called a Wronski Feint. Been practising it all summer, with Zillah and my dad.”
He picked up the speed again, flying across the water. The sky was slowly going deep blue, and was filled with bright stars. He resisted a sudden urge to drop her in the lake, and chuckled to himself. Dropping her in the lake would be a bad idea, seeing that she probably would be angry about it – but it could be fun too… Cedric turned, and headed for the skies again, looking around for other places he could show her. His eyes caught the Quidditch Pitch.
”Do you got any places you wish to see?” He asked her.
Back to top Go down
Isabella Ivy
EMF Spiker
EMF Spiker
Isabella Ivy

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 8:20 pm

“Been practicing? I’m glad to hear because I wouldn‘t want to collide with the ground at that speed. I have things to do before I die, thank you.” she was still holding tightly onto him, in case he made any other wise move, her heart was still racing under her chest, slowing down gradually back to the norm.
They were above the lake, flying closely to it, seeing the light ripples of the water. Isabella felt a little scared again, but if she fell into the water, she would be bringing Cedric down with her. There was no question about it. She then smiled a little, thinking it would be funny but scary at the same time - she didn’t like deep water.
Isabella kept her eyes on the water, seeing them both flying through the ripples - she thought it was quiet cute and she let her head rest on his back again. Her eyes looked up at the sky, looking at the colours as the sun was setting even more, almost gone out of sight - just a couple of more minutes.
“I‘ve pretty much seen the whole of the school,” she then smiled and chuckled to herself “unless you want to take me to Rome … I‘m kidding”
Isabella slid her hands to his sides and up his back, where her arms rested around his neck as she looked up at the sky - it felt weird as they went flying in another direction and not the way she was looking. Not to mention she could easily fall off ...
The sky was a beautiful blue, getting darker a few stars poking out from the clouds which drifted by. She hoped it would become a lot clearer to watch the night sky glitter with white twinkling stars, seeing twinkle is different colours.
"Cedric," she whispered in his ear as she slid her hands back around him, her eyes on the Quidditch pitch "could we go to the Quidditch pitch?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles and Badgers go flying   Eagles and Badgers go flying Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles and Badgers go flying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Harry Potter Role Playing  :: School Grounds :: Quidditch Pitch-
Jump to: